Perspective.
When it comes to something close to us, we don’t have any. We see what we want
to see because we affect our own realities. Take ourselves out of the equation
and put someone else in it. Make ourselves an objective bystander. Would we see
the same thing?
Most likely,
the answer is no.
So I’m
going to stop torturing myself over the almost. Because almost isn’t going to
get me anywhere and it never go anyone else anywhere. Almost is closer in the
grand scale of things to no than it is to yes. Anyone who thinks otherwise is
holding on to what DIDN’T happen!
And I’m
not doing that anymore.
If you
want to make any kind of use out of your almosts, pick them up out of the middle
of the floor where they landed when they (almost) broke you and use them as a
prop to keep the door open. That way you’ll see it but you won’t trip over it
on the way to the future. It’s a better use than staring at it as you write ode
after ode to what might have been but wasn’t.
Hey. I’m
as guilty as the next. I (almost) forgot to move on.
No comments:
Post a Comment